Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Friday, November 9, 2007

Baby Shower Fun

Click here to see all the pics....

Well, we had our first baby shower a couple weeks ago, and by "we" I mean Jenn, and I just showed up at the end. So it goes.

I had started this post soon after the shower, but I didn't manage to finish and it ended up gathering dust in the draft queue. And since I haven't posted in a while I figured I should finish what I started.

While Jenn was at the shower, I was otherwise occupied at the Campbell Octoberfest, accompanied by Steve, Dan, Chris, Mike and Sayre (Jenn's step-father, brother, my brother, our friend and Dan's friend, respectively). We walked around, and well, drank beer. It was very crowded and the way they set up the beer stations was a little annoying and made it a slow process in obtaining beer. You had to stand in one line to buy tickets and then proceed to a second line to actually buy the beer. Add to that, there were only 5 beer stations so the lines were out of control. Still, the beer and the company was good so we had a fun time.

The shower was fun for Jenn and we received some wonderful gifts from our friends and family. It was especially nice to see some of our friends that we haven't seen for some time (that's you, Hosannah, Janis and Kirsten). Thanks again to everyone for your support and love. =)

So now, here are some gratuitous belly shots (cover the children's eyes!)...



Whoo-wee, a couple more weeks and she's gonna pop. Oh yeah, we're getting down to the wire now and it almost seems like we are ready. We just finished up our birthing class through the clinic this past week and wow, do we ever know a lot about the labor and delivery process. I dare you to ask me to describe what happens during the transition period.

I'm not sure we need to know everything we learned, including seemingly all of the possible contingencies, but it feels good to know what to expect. We're also close to finishing up our hypno-birthing course, which has been great. The relaxation methods will be a huge help for Jenn (and even for me) when labor starts through the delivery process. I just need to remember to help her stay calm and give her the proper prompts to guide her.

Then we get to be parents. OMG...

Actually, I'm not quite as worried about that as I was before. At this point, I am just excited to meet the kid (bit, nugget, chitlin, take your pick) so I can talk to he/she directly, rather than through Jenn's belly. I'm sure the reality of being a parent will come crashing down on me as soon as we bring our child home and we are woken in the wee hours of the night, but that's cool. I'm looking forward to it, regardless.

The room is pretty much finished; we still have some decorating to do, but that will be an ongoing project. My mom is over this weekend to help out with refinishing the dresser -- a quick sand and a paint job. She'll be back for Thanksgiving and we'll do some painting of some animals on the walls out of a cute children's book. As for the bathroom, that is still unfinished and haunting me every day. I did get some work done on the tiling this past weekend, but there is still a good bit to do in the shower. I'm hoping to get through a lot of it this weekend with the help of Dan and Mike (Kennedy), but I doubt we'll finish. Ever after that, I still have to take care of the vanity countertop, the sink, faucet, sink plumbing, medicine cabinet, light fixture, cabinet finishing, and various bathroom accessories. Oy, so much work still to do.

Wow, it is getting late and I need to get to bed. Before I go, here's a gratuitous dog pic...

I'm this cute...

No comments: