Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Monday, September 3, 2007

Pregnancy goes on...

And on and on...just like the heat...which, by the way, is not a good mix. We have had some of the hottest weather here lately, almost every day has reached over 100 degrees. I was never a big fan of the heat but Fresno heat...I could handle. Not anymore. I rarely go outside, in fact! On day, I realized that I had only been outside to take out the recyling and that was bad enough. Again, I thank my lucky stars that I don't really need to go anywhere most of the time...I do my work from our lovely, air-conditioned home. I am not the only one, by the way, exhausted from the heat and this pregnancy:


One good thing about the heat is that the paint in the baby's room dries extra-quickly and as a result, it is nearly done! Here is a picture of the room, in progress:

The difference between the old room and this one is remarkable...just a couple of new coats of paint (see the old room here) changed it completely. Doug continues to paint...I think he will be done fairly soon! We received our crib last week, which waits to be set up after all painting is complete.

As you may see, we are progressing! I am getting bigger and bigger (although still not too big...when you start out pretty big, a little baby doesn't make too much of a splash, I guess) and the baby is more and more active. He or she is constantly moving, kicking, turning...I don't actually know what he or she is doing but sometimes makes such a ruckus that it nearly stops me in my tracks. I was trying to explain how it feels to Doug but could not adequately express: tickling? vibrating? girgling? Like right now, I feel kicks at the bottom of my ribcage that are almost bubbly...like as if I had to burp, sort of. While I am not one of those women who praise the miracle of pregnancy everyday (most of the time it is too exhausting), feeling the baby kick and tumble makes the whole thing more than worth it. Here we are at week 25:


Even if I don't really look it...I do feel six months pregnant and sometimes I can't remember what it feels like to NOT be pregnant. Soon enough, however...it will be over and I'll have bigger fish to fry than sensitivity to the heat and wanting to sleep all of the time. Well, maybe the sleepiness will persist for awhile...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Grizzly will be embarrassed when he knows you posted a picture of him drooling while sleeping.
The bedroom still looks fantastic.
hugs,
mom sharon