Lilypie 2nd Birthday Ticker

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

For Granny LaBouff

Penelope met her great-grandmother Maxine LaBouff last March, when Granny came out for Penelope's Naming and Dedication Ceremony. Like any loving grandmother, Granny spoiled Penelope with many cute clothes, including an adorable summer outfit complete with a bow. You know the which ones I am talking about: the bow/headband thingies that seem to look so goofy...mostly because they are on bald baby's heads?

I think they are silly and, at least until Granny gave her one, had no interest in putting them on Penelope's head. But despite my aversion to headband bows or whatever you want to call them, I promised Granny that I'd put the bow on her head and take a picture. We love Granny and would do just about anything for her. That's what we grandkids do for our grandmas, you know? And it is a darn cute outfit so, for Granny, just this once, no problem.

Here she is, Granny! And, okay, I'll admit it: she actually does look pretty cute in that darn bow.


2 comments:

The LaBouffs said...

I'm with you on those headband bow thingy-ma-jiggers...I've never been a big fan! Although,I must say, it doesn't look awkward on her! Maybe it's because she has some hair (pretty red hair, at that)!

Diana said...

How adorable!